Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 July 2010

Silk Painting - Gifts for the teacher.

The other day I had a visit from Oscar and Seraphina who wanted some help making gifts for their teacher.

We decided to make silk cushions. The gutta is very difficult for a small child to use. Seraphina is only 5 years old so I got her to tell me what she wanted in the picture and painted the gutta outline for her. After drying and ironing, I mixed up some silk paints for her and gave her a brush and some kitchen towel. I said as long as she washed and dried her brush between each colour she could do whatever she wanted, so she did.



Oscar finds painting difficult so he directed me telling me which colours should go where within his design.

The result 3 beautiful cushions and hopefully 3 happy teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment